Tuesday, November 11, 2008
World Peace
I think Eli has figured out World Peace. Yesterday, I heard a conversation between him and his brothers. Noah asked Eli for one of his toys. The answer to this question usually depends on the mood of the toy owner but on that day Eli was creative. He responded by saying that Noah could borrow his toy if he could borrow one of Lucas' toys. There was no fighting or arguing just bargaining. While they finished their ground breaking deal, I started to think about Eli's reasoning. I think he is on to something. What if each country worked together to meet each other's needs instead of expecting and demanding something from those who offer help? We each have a gift, something to give and our gifts could be used to help someone else. Translate this into our everyday lives and you have individuals who are willing to sacrifice their wants for the greater good. I know that Person A needs their gutters cleaned out. I know that Person B could do that easier than I could but they need help raking leaves. I volunteer to help Person B if they would be willing to help Person A. We all sacrifice a little time but receive a great reward. I am going to start looking for more opportunities to sacrifice my time for those around me. This may be the start of World Peace....one person at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment