I did have a Myspace page for a while. I used it primarily to market my music. It was way too much work for the return and I never liked the idea of writing just to "hear" myself "talk". I never felt I had anything THAT important to say. However, thanks to my Caring Bridge site and this family blog site, both of which my wife has spent time putting to good use, I am beginning to see the value in keeping friends and family up to date. So, here goes...
Today we had a fantastic Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for this year. Not the least of which is our home in Prairie Village. We recently moved to the "big city" from a small town to be closer to the kids and the clinic. Our hope was to be moved in time to celebrate Thanksgiving at our new place. We met that deadline six weeks early! We invited several people from the clinic to enjoy the holiday with us but, unfortunately, most were not feeling well enough to join us. We ended up feasting with family and our very dear friends, Roni and Julie.
I think this was probably the best Thanksgiving I have ever had. Cooking with my kids and still having all the food come out on time was amazing. There was virtually no stress and when I was feeling run-down, Uncle Billy was here to let the kids jump on HIM for a while.
Actually, one of the many things I am thankful for is the unconditional love of my children. I have been sick for a long time, but this past year has been the worst. The kids have been so patient and understanding. I have tried, with all that is in me, to keep them from seeing me at my worst (i.e. the seizures, forgetfulness and out-right exhaustion). Thanks to Dawnua we have been largely successful. But the little ones are very aware. And they are amazingly empathetic. Every time we pray together their heartfelt pleas for daddy to get better warm my soul. While it may be difficult for them to understand that in order for me to get better I will get worse (think chemo therapy for cancer patients), they do understand that we are on the road to wellness. A very Happy Thanksgiving indeed!



No comments:
Post a Comment