Sunday, November 23, 2008

We Have The BEST Neighbors!

We have been raking leaves every weekend since we moved in and the kids have really enjoyed jumping in the piles. Two weeks ago our next door neighbor Hayden (12) and his friend came over to "help" us. We made a HUGE pile of leaves and the kids would run, jump and slide in the leaves. Then they decided to move the whole pile in front of the swing so they could jump into the pile. This was pretty funny as most of the time they landed face first in the leaves. Since it was 4 feet tall it was a very cushy landing. We spent 2 hours playing before we finished the job.






I didn't get a chance to work on the yard this past week but on Wednesday I mentioned to Scott that it would be so great to come home one night and find our yard mowed and the leaves bagged.....Would you believe that when we got home Thursday night from treatment OUR YARD WAS MOWED AND THE LEAVES BAGGED???!!! We saw the 6 bags in our neighbors yard ready for trash pick up. We were in shock but it was such a huge blessing! We just couldn't believe it. Like I said, we have the best neighbors! We had the kids draw thank you notes and I made Strawberry Rice Krispy Treats. The kids delivered our goodies on Saturday night and then played in their leaf free yard. Thank you John!

No comments: