Monday, November 10, 2008

A Tribute To My Mom

My mom just celebrated her 67th birthday last week so Bill, Scott and I took her out to eat at Cinzetti's. Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom is an amazing woman. She is a cancer survivor who would work all week as a teacher, be sick all weekend with Chemo but pull herself together by Monday morning just in time to do it again. I was 5 and Bill was 3. She is an inspiration. She worked tirelessly as a teacher, mother, wife and caregiver. She is willing to sacrifice her needs to meet ours and she has many times. She is a warrior. She taught me how to be an attentive mother. She has taught me loyalty, integrity, honesty, truth, grace, mercy, understanding, patience and determination. My mom taught me these lessons thru her actions first and then her words.

She is silly and goofy and loves to eat dessert first. She is a true artist and is always working on a new masterpiece. She seems self sufficient in that she can figure out how to do anything. She currently practices the "art" of roofing, painting, coffee roasting, throwing pottery, sales, plumbing, interior decorating, counseling, jewelry making, teaching and advocating. She is a multi-faceted woman with a heart for God. She is a loving Grandma who knows how to fix any situation with Love. She is a renaissance woman!

My mom has taught me the importance of prayer. Each morning she does her devotions and fervently prays for her family. I have learned to pray without ceasing thru her example. I am secure in her love because she has continuously demonstrated UNCONDITIONAL love all of my life. I am never afraid that one day I will do something wrong and she will write me out of her will. I am so thankful for her Godly example because it has made me a better daughter, sister, wife, mother and now caregiver. She is very precious to me and I am who I am today, because of her example.

Thank you for your Godly example that taught me love and grace. Because of you I know that it is the heart that matters. Bitter words, selfishness, manipulation and mean spirited acts do not please God. Besides, would a young lady act that way? :) Thank you Mom. I love you!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Your mom is a beautiful woman!