The other book I am reading right now is: Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Emerson Eggerichs. I bought it because I wanted to be a better wife but have found that it has also helped me be a better mom. I am more aware of how my words, facial expressions and body language can affect how my message is being heard. My family deserves a positive, affirming response to their needs. They don't need more sarcasm, frustration or anger. They need to be respected and for our family that begins with how we talk to each other. Because of this book I have seen how deep this need for respect is, even with a 6, 8 and 10 year old. This book has become a great communication tool and I am really enjoying it.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment