Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Are You A Giver Or A Taker?

This has been on my mind all week. Am I currently giving to others or taking from them? I have been taking inventory of our life and realize that even though we are unable to help others monetarily we can still find ways to give. Yesterday, I did a search in the KC area for Volunteer opportunities and found many organizations that need help. Habitat For Humanity, Habitat For Humanity ReStore, YMCA, Volunteer Match, City Union Mission, Harvesters and many more. We are going to have a family meeting (this is our new thing now that we have our own house again and the kids love it!) and find one activity that the whole family can participate in to help someone in KC. I want to be more of a giver and I think this would be a good way to start. Does anyone have any other ideas?

No comments: