Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bring Your Child To Work Day!

Last Thursday was the official Bring Your Son or Daughter To Work Day and Scott and I both got to participate! Eli has been begging me for about 6 months to let him come to work with me. He didn't even care where I was working! We thought maybe it would be at the coffeehouse but I just happened to check last Monday and saw that it was Thursday and since I have a real job now (YAY!) we made all the necessary arrangements.

We didn't think it would be fair to just include Eli, so I took Lucas to work with me too and Scott took Noah to college with him. Since Scott is studying Physics we thought it would be a great experience for Noah to be in a college class with him. They did a review for a test later in the week and the professor said he expected Noah to come back and take the test with them too. While we didn't get any pics of Noah and Scott, I promise they had a great time together. In fact, the kids are already making plans for next year!

We started our day off with donuts and coffee/hot chocolate from Flavia as any good work day would include. :) I showed them some social media marketing that I work on every morning and then we got busy on designing logos. The boys did some brochure work for one of our clients (Pizza Shoppe) and then they redid the Your City Sampler logo. They each put their own twist on the logo and I know it's hard to believe...but Eli's logo included a donut! In fact, when I asked him what I should put on a flier to make it more appealing to a business....his answer was DONUTS! He elaborated by pointing out that any good conference meeting included donuts and coffee...and if I gave them donuts they would be interested in whatever I was selling. Smart kid.

Lucas has been wanting to redo the McDonald's logo for a long time so he worked on that as well as an idea he has had for Dunkin Donuts. I will scan them in later and share with you. I LOVE the hamburger Lucas drew. It is abstract and awesome! Eli worked a long time on the Pizza Shoppe sign and he put a lot of thought into it. They both listened, obeyed and worked hard on marketing. Sid, my boss, took us out to lunch at Pizza Canyon with his 3 yr old Jackson. The boys all got along great and Jackson was hugging on both of them by the end of the day. We had a conference call that afternoon, with all three boys in the same room and at the end of the day, Sid surprised them with a trip to a bounce house. They ran off all their extra energy and had a great day! I really enjoyed it and managed to get some work done too!

No comments: