Saturday, May 7, 2011

Field Day :: Lucas & Eli

You know the year is almost over when you see Field Day on the calendar! Because it was rainy and icky outside the boys had their field days inside the school. Lucas' grades were in the morning and Eli's were in the afternoon. Now, imagine if you will....hundreds of sticky, sweaty children running down the hallway, racing each other, kicking balls, screaming, laughing, cheering, hoola-hooping, running, jumping, sliding and playing for 3 hours straight in a humid and hot school! It was INSANE!

I went in the morning and saw Lucas while Scott was able to go see Eli in the afternoon.

I'm not sure anyone really knew what games they were playing...but this involved throwing and catching...

Hoola Hooping Hijinx...that boy can move!

Aww....his hugs are the best! And at 8 he still begs me to carry him to bed...and of course I oblige my baby! :)

I believe this was the long jump...He is so fast he is blurry!

Relay races....

This one makes me laugh every day! And would also like me to carry him to bed but I can't carry him very far! lol
Eli and his best girl friend "A".
And last but not least is Noah. The 6th graders were helpers for K-5 and he is against the doors, far left side in black shirt. He said he was exhausted from his super long day but I'm sure he had fun too.
So, we survived Field day inside with Eli & Lucas! Yay! I have really enjoyed getting to know the boys' friends and their mom's this year and catching up with them at these crazy events. I haven't felt like I should or could do much at the school for the past 3.5 years with mom and scott both trying to die on me  but I'm glad to have most of that in the past. Hopefully, we will continue at this school till Lucas is in 6th because we love it!

No comments: