In our family, we celebrate bonus Mom's day the weekend before Mother's day. The kids are never here on that Sunday (for obvious reasons) so we celebrate our way around it. My plan was a full day of museums, enjoying the outdoors and fun but I ended up working my last shift at the coffeehouse and didn't get home till 2. And wouldn't you know my sweet Eli wanted to come with me to cheer me on for my last shift? Awww....but I had him stay home so he could sleep in after our crazy Midnight fun run.
For my (first!) celebration we went to a local Arboretum and enjoyed the beautiful weather. It was gorgeous! We hiked, followed streams, skipped rocks and just had a great time together. Autumn decided it was her new favorite place and they all want to bring the pups next time we go.
 |
| I am always shocked when I look at our photos. When did these children get so big?? And where did my babies go? |
 |
| They LOVE adventure! And did you notice their matching shoes? Cute, huh? :) |
 |
| Learning how to skip rocks... |
 |
| Super sweet kiddos... |
 |
| Crazy kiddos full of life, love and energy!! |
We had a great afternoon followed by an evening of movies. Love these kids and the opportunity to be their bonus mom!
2 comments:
what a great idea. I'm glad they make you feel so loved.
And your photos are amazing, as usual :)
Thanks! Its a great way to take the stress off of everyone involved. No one is competing and I actually end up with a couple days of lovin'!
Post a Comment