One of the things I love about writing a blog is that I can click a link and relive part of the past that I have already forgotten. I wondered what easy living I had experienced last Mother's Day until I read the blog and saw that I had done MANUAL LABOR at the Loft while we were getting it ready. That is either really funny or really sad because this year I also did manual labor in Ottawa on mom's rentals. What the heck is wrong with me?? And not only did I work, but I brought mom with me! Because nothing says, Happy Mother's Day like manual labor right? Well, at least to my mom it does. :) She did as much as she could in between resting while I mowed yards, cleaned debris off a roof, cleaned gutters and tore up carpet and tile. She cleaned, sorted, organized and actually fixed some garage doors. She is a woman of action who leads by example. And her example is courageous, sassy, hard working, creative, unique and loving.
Last year, mom was in extreme pain on this holiday and spent most of her time in bed. The year before she was on day 25 of her heart journey. There is a cute photo/post of her HERE while she was in the hospital. This was after her first open heart surgery and she still had her long braid and courageous spirit. We have come a long way together in the past two years but more than anything she continues to lead by example. She pushes herself every day and works as much as she can. She has a servants heart for her family.
She makes us snacks, lunch and dinner, she washes our clothes, washes our dishes, cleans up after us and does anything she can to help. She loves getting hugs and does everything she can to make my life easier. I am very thankful that we have always had a great relationship and that there are no years lost between us. She has made me who I am and I love her dearly! She is a hard worker and I know that the more she pushes herself, the stronger she will get. She amazes me with what she accomplishes and I am very proud of her progress. I love you mom! Happy Mother's Day!!



No comments:
Post a Comment