If I had health insurance I would have gone to the doctor by now but since I don't, I went to my faithful doctor, Mr. Google. He confirmed my symptoms and based on prior experience I have self diagnosed myself. I've been sick for 12 days now and I think I have bronchitis. It has been a painful illness that currently includes coughing spasms that hurt. I pulled a muscle yesterday while coughing and my ribs and abs are so sore. :( There is still an infection. I won't tell you how I know. But, believe me. It's gross.
And since I got sick I have slept a lot and missed 4 days of work. I slept thru 2 days of work last week and stayed home today too. Luckily, I can get up and work when I feel good so I have been so thankful for that! The days I have gone to work my coworkers ask me to go home because my cough sounds so bad but I always feel so guilty when I stay home. Our little company is growing so fast and I have so much to do that it is hard to miss anytime at work. But, as always I am so thankful for my great job!
Scott is sick too and has had a similar cough for a few months. When he gets sick it always hangs around for a long time due to his weak immune system. We are reevaluating his Lyme treatment and trying to find a good balance for us. The meds are so expensive and now that he isn't on IV treatment and meeting his deductible in the first week of the year, we are having to pay out way more for meds. It's a viscous cycle and we just can't afford it. Most Lyme patients can't afford their treatment but how can you not afford it when it can be the difference between life and death?
The kids are also sporting this cough but they are feeling fine. Grandma is keeping her distance and hasn't gotten sick. I hope it stays that way because she is leaving in a few weeks for a special 70th birthday trip to California. I am a little worried about her traveling alone but with a little planning, I think she will be fine. She is very excited to see her 4 sisters and 1 brother and to spend Thanksgiving with them all. I just can't believe that my mommy will be 70!! That means my dad would be turning 80 in January and I can't even imagine that.
We are looking forward to fall, Noah's 13th birthday and Thanksgiving too! I sure hope my cough is gone by then or I may have to whine some more....
Ok, enough coughing and whining....
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
hope you feel better soon! take care of yourself! love the pumpkin patch photos :)
I hope you can shake this soon!
Love the pix!
Take care of yourself
Thanks Ladies. I'm working from home again so I can cough in the comfort of my home but I sure hope this goes away soon!
Praying you all get better soon!! Glad you're able to work from home :) I get too distracted!
I don't know much about Lyme disease but will be praying for your med/deductable situation!! I can't imagine how hard that must be to try & make it work while fighting something...
Post a Comment