Monday, October 17, 2011

The Great Pumpkin...

Last Saturday we took the kids and grandma to a new pumpkin patch near Liberty. I got a great deal on the tickets and the real draw for me were the famous pig races. The weather was perfect and we had a good time. They might be getting a little old for the pumpkin patch but my baby is only 9....so thankfully they enjoy our little annual outings. 


Seriously. When did these children get so big?
He's huge. He's only 12. He's taller than me now and creeping up on Scott.
We got to the pig races early and found a good seat. We had no idea how popular this event was. Uncle Lester was sleeping in the middle of the arena when we got there.
I seriously can't believe how old my kids are!
I love this. They are the best of friends!
Look at the crowd! It was packed! Uncle Lester entertained us with songs and musical talent before he unleashed the piggies.
Look closely at Noah in the background....a true, honest smile from my 12 yr old! Gotcha!

Pig race 1. There were 3 races and each time the pigs had different names. Lindsey Loham,  Miss Piggy...
The pig races were the best part of the day! It was an entertaining show that I would actually watch again. :)
3 of the 4 kids LOVE these kind of things...my little pumpkins!
I caught Grandma in a private moment. Oops!


The hunt for the perfect pumpkin...notice we are in a corn field. hmmm...
This photo is so I can compare with similar ones from long ago. They are struggling to lift their big pumpkins. 
This is what I got for Noah's pumpkin photo. Cleaver huh?
Our annual group photo. Someday I need a photographer to follow us around so I can be in our family pics...

Thankfully Eli captured the wild steer....we were afraid for our lives.

This is the same size as Lucas!
We had a great afternoon together eating pumpkin donuts, rooting for pigs, searching for that perfect pumpkin and enjoying the beautiful weather. Too bad as I type this it is in the 40's. But, we are hoping for a nice weekend for Noah's 13th birthday celebration. I love fall!

1 comment:

Sometimes_Carol said...

Looks so fun & your weather was great!

We have yet to go but, hope to this weekend :)