Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oh How I Love Fall....

When we went to the pumpkin patch we made sure we bought a little one for Scott's sliced pumpkin pie recipe. I asked Eli to take some photos of the process while I was taking a shower. I had to show you how detail oriented he was! :) He must know the secret to a good shot is taking more than you need...

Scott sliced up the pumpkin and baked it in a cream sauce made of Heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon and sweetened condensed milk. He topped off each slice with whip cream and baked pumpkin seeds. YUM!
Bad pic but AMAZING slice of pumpkin!
The kids and I hung out that afternoon carving pumpkins and making crafty things. I was really in an artsy mood.
Ewww...slimey! 
My baby can carve his own pumpkin. sniff. sniff.
Ok. so he needed a little help. 

There is nothing as scary as a teen with a knife posing with a big smile, right?
After carving one side they finished off their pumpkins with our plastic face pieces. It was a day full of PUMPKINS!

2 comments:

Sometimes_Carol said...

The pumkin slices sound so yummy!! I may have to try that :)

I love the creativity that each kid brings to the pumpkin carving table.. and yes.. teenagers w/ scary smiles & big knives.. I'm looking for a place to hide!! lol!

DDawson said...

You should try it. It is soo delicous! Slice the pumpkin and line up in a shallow baking dish. Mix the other ingredients I mentioned and pour over the pumpkin slices. They should be covered in the cream. He cooked them at 350 degrees for about 60 mins. Its Yummy!

When I took that photo of Autumn I didn't realize how freaky it looked. Made me laugh when I went thru them last night. :) I should have been scared! lol