Well, it's true. I do. And two weeks ago I had two dates within 3 days and each of them came free! :)
The first date was with my sweet hubby. I got free passes to see the movie, The Way and we weren't disappointed. The movie is about an American doctor who goes to France following the death of his adult son, killed in the Pyrenees during a storm while walking The Camino de Santiago. It's a great story about the difference between the life we live and the life we choose. Good movie!
The second date I went on was with my sweet mom. There is a national movement called, "A Free Night of Theatre" that is 6 years strong. Each year it grows in participants but the premise is the same. You sign up for free tickets to 5 or 6 different shows and after putting them in order of preference you wait to see if you are a winner. And I was! I chose the show, "Nobody Lonesome For Me" at the American Heartland Theatre because I thought my mom would like it. My dad used to listen to and sing some songs by Hank Williams and I thought it would be a nice reminder for her of my dad.. The show is set on New Years Eve, 1952 and he goes thru a one man show with several of the big hits. It really made me miss my dad. This show starred Matthew Brumlow and the music was fantastic. It was another great date!
Friday, October 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment