Because we had so much fun planned for our weekend, Noah's party celebration got chopped up into 2 days. He opened his gifts before Worlds of Fun and then got his cake the next day after we had recovered from our 10 hours at the park. We were there till 1am and were exhausted! His cake was topped with cake poppers dressed in halloween costumes so it was appropriate for the spooky weekend. The THIRTEEN candles almost didn't fit on the cake!
The kids REALLY wanted to go trick or treating while they were with us and even though I warned them that we may not get any candy on a Sunday night they wanted to try anyway. After a few rejections we went to plan B...Sheridan's! I'm thinking it should be our NEW halloween tradition! This year we had Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series, a very scary Werewolf, a yellow angry bird and a fierce four legged dracula. Aren't they cute? Noah wanted to hang out with Scott on the couch doing "guy" stuff. I think I see more of this in my future. :(
On Monday, the 31st, the kids had their school fall parties. I was able to help with Eli's 6th grade party and stuck my head into Lucas' class too. I ran a food project table at the 6th grade celebration where the kids dipped marshmallows in green and orange candy and then they could decorate them with candy corns, candy or icing. I had a lot of repeat customers!
 |
| Cutest Werewolf in skinny jeans ever! |
 |
| Oops...that cute Werewolf is eating a monkey...he must have missed lunch! |
 |
| Are Angry Birds supposed to smile so much? |
 |
| The school has a costume parade of all the classes....lots of kids! |
 |
| 6th graders devouring goodies... |
 |
| See, more smiles! :) |
 |
| Extreme musical chairs... |
 |
| Eli with some of his friends. |
The kids really enjoyed their parties today and of course, added to their candy stash. I am so thankful that I have a job that cares about my family and lets me take time off to spend with the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment