Noah had his first JH theatre debut this last weekend and he did a great job. Ironically enough, the play was about bullies. We sure are talking about this a lot around here lately but I guess that is good. The more you talk about it the easier it is for them to tell you when there is a problem. Now, if we could just get the adults to quit the bullying, we could have one less thing to worry about...but I digress...
*I apologize. These are the worst photos I have ever taken. :( It was dark in the auditorium and we weren't supposed to use a flash and darn those kids but they kept moving. So I have lots of ghosts in my shots but you get the idea.*
 |
| The famous toilet.... |
 |
| The main character Achilles gets bullied a lot. And ends up with his head in the toilet on a daily basis. |
 |
| Noah (left in green shirt) was a bully in a few scenes. He had a few lines in different scenes and did a great job! He was clear, loud and easy to hear. |
 |
| The cast was pretty big and seemed to get along really well. At this point in the play they are all speaking about specific things that can be considered acts of bullying. The speaking parts were very movng. |
 |
| This was a spelling bee where the big group of kids were bullying the contestants. They threw spit balls, wads of paper and insults. This ended with Achilles making his fingers into the shape of a gun and putting it to his head and saying, Bang. Bang. It was pretty moving. |
Although the subject matter was pretty heavy, I am glad they did this play. Noah loved the experience and is already talking about the next production! Gotta love theatre!
No comments:
Post a Comment