Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Auto Pilot & Baby Books

I've been on auto pilot this week and my poor body is really suffering. I have not had a normal sleeping/eating schedule for months and since I became unemployed....it has gotten worse. It seems that my schedule consists of naps in between activities and it leaves me drained and only eating one meal a day. I can't sleep at night so by the time I finally get to sleep, I have to wake up 2 hours later, drive Scott to treatment, drive back home, nap for another 2 hours, get up drive back to treatment, bring Scott home and usually take another 2-3 hour nap where it's time to get back up, drive Scott to treatment, clean around the house for 2 hours then go back and pick up Scott....then home to get dinner together for everyone and stay up job hunting or more cleaning...and trying to fall asleep before I get to do it all over again...

We are sort of in limbo while we wait for things to fall into place. Waiting for disability, waited 3 weeks for unemployment, waiting for a job, waiting for heart surgery, waiting for the day we can get our truck back from the transmission shop, waiting for Scott's drivers license and waiting for some other life changing things....hurry up and wait! I know that all of these things will fall into place when they are supposed to and I really know that I am supposed to be more proactive during this waiting period...but I am just so tired.

I have accomplished one big thing this week...scanning baby photos. We realized that Scott did not have any baby photos of the kids so we borrowed the books from their mom and I scanned, scanned and scanned. I am not sure what I am going to do with them but since their "official" baby books will come from their mom, I may just make some collages and get them printed for our books. I have been saving drawings, samples of english/writing, math, science and grade cards from each of the kids and have them in their own 3 ring binder. I got them all sorted and labeled this week and put in chronological order. I think I will print the baby photo collages and make pages to add to these books. I want to make some of each child, for each year of their life. Since I only have pics since 2004, I am hoping the baby photos will be enough. I know it was a big step to let us borrow the books so I am grateful to have the photos for our books too.

Last week the boys and I were walking down memory lane and Noah mentioned all the walks we used to go on...so I dug out some photos from May 2005. These photos were taken right before Scott went to Alaska and it happened to be a day where he wasn't feeling too good and stayed home to nap. It was a great Sunday afternoon and the boys and I had a great time. Noah was 6, Eli was 4 and Lucas was 2.

Aren't they adorable? Man am I missing babies right now!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That sounds absolutely exhausting. Take care of yourself too. The pictures are adorable! :)

DDawson said...

Sharon- it is exhausting but our hope is that it wont be forever....we just have to be able to survive this limbo until it all falls into place. :/