After our early dinner, I took Scott home to rest and decided that a birthday nap would be good for me too...so 2 hours later I hopped out of bed and went back to the hospital. Our friend M was still there when I got there and I was so touched that she had spent the afternoon with mom so I could spend some time with my hubby. On the way back to see mom I was blessed by a beautiful sunset, gorgeous clouds and my heart was at peace. I had been given a gift with mom surviving her surgery and with our sweet conversation. I knew that there were hundreds of people praying for our family and that I was loved. What more do you really need on your birthday?
We got to have a small family celebration on Saturday when all the kids came back home. The boys had sent me a silly e-card for my birthday and autumn sent me a super sweet email with the promise of the BEST BIRTHDAY CARD ever when she came back home. She brought me a homemade card that said I was the Best Bonus Mom Ever and that she LOVED me VERY MUCH! They are such sweet kids! The boys were upset that they were not going to get to see me on my birthday and they tried to come up with good excuses for missing their VBS but we assured them that we would celebrate in style on Saturday. Our sweet neighbors J & L provided a lemon birthday cake with extra yummy ice cream for my party and we had a quick little "event" after lunch before we went to the hospital. We ended my second day of birthdayness with a family dinner of lasagna, garlic bread and salad. I had a great day getting loved on by my kiddos and hubby before I went back to the hospital.

Sissy captured my reaction to Noah adlibbing to my birthday song...something about me being old...and 32...not sure where he got that number from...its more like 29...

Again, sissy did a great job with the camera! They decided on only 4 sparkler candles because Noah was afraid we would burn down the house....although I don't think 29 candles would do much damage...now, maybe if it was 32...



1 comment:
Happy birthday Dawnua...I'm so sorry we missed it!
Post a Comment