Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Mother's Heart...

February 3, 1997
I am more content today. I only have today. I look to the future, but I only have tody. Tomorrow is in your hands. I can affect today. What shall I do?

I have sunk beneath the depths and my tears covered me in sorrow. The salt was heavy and the eyes burned deep within. And you who sees the storms can control the storms. You lifted me out after floundering for days in human pity, greed, uncertainty, and sorrow too deep for words. I had been tossed to and fro in words and thoughts till I did not know what was real or unreal.

I have learned Jesus is my stability in any storm of life. I need to keep my eyes on Him at all times or in His direction even if I cannot see Him. I must reach for Him in the darkness. I saw no hope in any direction and then you in your love pulled me very quickly to yourself. I needed to reach to you.

I am now safe knowing today is the day of salvation. Today I must trust totally. But you wanted me to keep reaching, not just call. Help me to continue reaching knowing you are there to lift me up on dry land. Praise your name.

February 15, 1997
How Beautiful! I again was chosen and placed in the Lord's own garden. A garden takes much care and time. You must really know the plant and its needs. And this is true of each and every plant. He looks at me from afar to spot a need. He comes close to inspect. He touches with such a gental touch to meet my needs. So many factors keep me alive and growing and he checks daily to keep me stable. He plans ahead for future growth and beauty. He trims and cultivates and waters.

I might be wilted at the moment or sick with disease or needing something special, But I know you are working on the problem. Praise You, Praise my Lord and God. Praise You through out the day. (thoughts from Psalm 92)

November 28, 1996
I seek to know my Jesus because I'm so thankful I belong to Him. I want to know more of you Lord. Romans 8:38-39 "For I am convinced that nothing can ever seperate us from his love. Death can not and life can not. The angels won't, and all the powers of hell itself cannot keep God's love away. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, or where we are - high above the sky, or in the deepest ocean - nothing will ever be able to seperate us from the love of God demonstrated by our Lord Jesus Christ when he died for us."

He can not take back that death therefore his love can not be taken back. It is eternal. Many decisions we make are forever and can not be changed. We need to realize this concept and use wisdom in all our decisions.

I'm thankful He gave, I'm thankful I was given the opportunity to know of His love. He loved me first. He loved me before his death for me.



I want to be just like my mother. I love her heart and her spirit.
Would you join me in begging God for her precious life?

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Most definitely!