Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Father's Day

So, have I mentioned I'm trying to get caught up on my blogging? I have been sleeping 3-4 hours a night the past month just so I could get everything done and it hasn't left much time for bloggy therapy...so today I am catching up while I wait for Scotty to be done with treatment.

We had a pretty laid back Father's Day weekend as we had to fit our festivities in between those pesky IV treatments. The kids made breakfast for daddy and wanted to surprise him while he was still in bed, but daddy gets up at 5:45am and thankfully, the kids do not!! :) They surprised Scott as he walked in the door from treatment and we all watched him open his homemade cards and then ate breakfast together as a family.







We gave daddy a small gift and then we let him take a nap! Naps are very important when you are as old as he is....I mean as old as we are.... After his nap I took the whole family to Bass Pro Shop for some air conditioned, FREE kids activities. They are having "camping" classes & activities for kids and we got to take a fishing class. We learned all sorts of things about when and how to fish and how to tie knots to keep the fish from getting away. It really made us want to fish. I know, I know...that's the point... After our class, we headed upstairs to the BB guns & Bow & Arrow shooting range. The kids each got to shoot the gun and some arrows and they LOVED it! Noah loved archery and the rest of the kids liked shooting BB's. We ended our time at the shooting gallery where we got to shoot at the targets for FREE...then it was time to take daddy back to the clinic.




After a great Father's Day dinner at home we celebrated a little more with Smores. We had hoped that Scott would be done with treatment this summer so that we could go camping while Autumn was at girls camp...but since that was not possible we just brought the fun indoors...thus the smores...


I know you don't want to see someone eat..but look at that toothless mouth! He lost another one last week and has another one on its way out...Notice the marshmallow all over everything...nose...cheeks...chin...hand...

Overall, we had a very nice Father's Day weekend. The kids love their daddy very much and he could not be more proud of them. I keep praying for the day that we wipe out Lyme so he can wrestle, run, throw and play with them again. In the meantime, I will keep "providing" ADA approved activities! :)

No comments: