Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Bonus Mom Day!

We started a tradition this year with a new family holiday....Bonus Mom Day!! We celebrated on Sunday (one week before Mother's Day) and I loved every minute that our family had together. I didn't get home from the hospital until almost 5 am but I was very pleased to be woken up by Noah and Lucas saying Happy Bonus Mom Day!! at 8:30 am. Noah had made big plans on Sat. and even though the whole family was up till almost 2am...they brought me breakfast in bed! It was super sweet! The kids have done this for me the past several years on the day before Mother's Day but I really enjoyed my own holiday!!

The kids decorated a sleeping shirt for me that matched the one we made for Scott on Father's Day last year. They each wrote sweet things and drew pictures. Lucas wrote on the front and then decided he wanted to draw a Jayhawk for me. Like any good alumni, I try to instill Jayhawk values into each of the kids...and it's working....for 3 out of 4....but Lucas surprised us with his AWESOME artwork! I gave Eli my Jayhawk puppet and Lucas used it for a still life drawing on the back of the shirt. It is AMAZING!! I LOVE my Bonus Mom Shirt and the sweet kids that made it for me.









After lunch we went to the Nelson-Atkins museum as our big event. We love this museum and you really can't beat a FREE activity for 7 people. I love seeing all the paintings by Monet & Van Gogh as well as the beautiful statues and pottery from 12th century B.C.! It is such a beautiful, peaceful place...and just what I needed that day. I had several calls from the hospital during my Mother's Day but everyone kept me focused and we had a great time. Have I mentioned how much I love each one of my kids? Or how much I LOVE my husband? He is such an amazing husband and I am so thankful for his support. Have I mentioned how much I love my mother in law? She is here helping me run the household while my mom is on life support and she is priceless. We have a great relationship and I wouldn't trade her for the world! Ok, back to my day. :)



Our little Thinkers.....


They have an amazing Egyptian exhibit...


I love seeing the layers of paint and imagining how it was created...


I love this photo and the beauty of the brush strokes in this room...


Eli after an exhausting game of badminton...


Can't visit the museum without playing in the huge grassy yard...


My wonderful kids who make me a very happy Bonus Mom...

I had a great Bonus Mom Day and love the relationships I have with each one of them! They are amazing children who love me just as I am. Thank you Autumn, Noah, Eli, Lucas and Daddy for a great Mother's Day. I love you!

1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

Ahhh! It sounds like you had a great day! What an awesome family! :)