Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What Is God's Will?

Do you think we will ever really know what God's will is? Do we ever really know what it is that HE wants us to do in any given situation? What happens when you have two families, who claim to know Christ but who pray for 2 completely different outcomes to the same situation? How does that work? Which outcome is really God's will? Is the outcome just a byproduct of a fallen world filled with manipulation, anger, mistrust and a desire to remain in control? Is it a consequence of past sins? Is it Satan? Or is it God's will to move us, use us and stabilize us? How do you really know these answers? Where does faith come in? It is so hard to have faith when the fear of what ifs keep getting in the way. I believe that God is in complete control of our life but that doesn't mean that I don't fight Him on certain things. I know he allows things to happen to us and that we can either grow in those situations or wallow in our own "victimness" but sometimes life just seems like one extended fight. You fight for independence, freedom, autonomy, love, life, spouse, children, security, sanity, health and eventually balance.

I have found that there is always someone out there undermining your health, relationships and stability and if you give them too much power they will affect your sanity. Everyone in this life will let you down at some point in time so for the sake of your sanity and spiritual health, I suggest that you don't rely on them to meet your needs or make you happy. If only I could grasp this concept myself. I am in a place right now where I am broken and emotionally exhausted. I am numb and scared. I am scared of so many things and I don't have control over any of the situations. I am working on not thinking or worrying about those what ifs because I am not God and that is not my job. I believe that God's will, will be accomplished no matter the evil that is thrown our way. He will use those situations to change our hearts and I don't need to worry about the perpetrators. In praying for those that seem to hate us and purposefully harm us, I give my fears to God and open my heart to his unconditional love and purpose for my life. When I am broken that is when I hear God speak to my heart and there is peace in the midst of the storm.

No comments: