Friday- We celebrated Scott's birthday at home as a family. We had homemade shrimp alfredo for dinner, yummy peanut butter balls for dessert and cuddle time on the couch. The kids made Scott cards and we really enjoyed our low key evening.
Saturday- The kids and I have been looking forward to taking some of the classes at the Y and on Saturday, Autumn and I took the plunge. She has been begging me to take her to a Hip Hop dance class but there were no classes offered while she is at home so we compromised. I found another fun dance class and though we were nervous for our first time it was a lot of fun! Our teacher also teaches a Zumba class an hour before our dance class and Autumn wants to do that too....so next Saturday we will be doing 2 classes. All of the kids want to work out with me but the rules at the Y are for 10 and up. So, after our dance class we worked out on weights for 40 minutes! That girl is amazing! She LOVED it! I showed her all of the machines and taught her how to use them correctly. We picked appropriate weights and she did a full work out. She wants to do this every time she is home so now I have an exercise buddy! Yeah! I am really loving our girlie time, she is such a sweet girl and I love bonding with her.
Sunday- I took all the kids to the Y to play Basketball but we ended up playing all sorts of other games. Noah has decided that he wants to work out with me too so we will start that this weekend. He wanted to start Sunday afternoon but we couldn't with everyone with us. We had been looking for a Yoga class since Oct. but none of them fit into our weekend schedules so I am glad that we have found something else we can do together.
Monday- Because of the holiday, the kids didn't have school and I took the opportunity to work from home. Noah and Lucas both started new activities this week and we got to see them in action. Noah started a Tween Yoga class and Lucas started Karate. Lucas has been talking about Karate for years and always practiced his moves with Uncle Billy. We are so glad that he finally had an opportunity to try it. He did a great job and was picked out by his teacher as an example of good form and fast moves. I couldn't believe how many push ups the kids did! Lucas seems to really like it and always has a new move to share with us. Check out those moves!!
We ended our Monday night by having a party for Scott at our favorite restaurant. I surprised him by inviting some of our friends from O-town and it turned out to be a great evening. I have really been missing our customers/friends/family and it was so nice to see some of them again.

Tuesday- After I took the boys to school, Lucas and I had a Nerf gun fight. Actually, it was more of an assault on me, the tv, the floor, the door, the fire alarm, the computer, daddy...and whatever else he could find. It was nice to be able to eat breakfast with the boys before they went to school and we really enjoyed our extra time with Lucas.
Thursday- Noah and Eli had a Music program at school tonight. Lucas sat with us and took most of the shots. Eli played the xylophone but he was in the back row and it was impossible to get a good photo of him while he was playing. The 3rd & 4th graders sang and danced for 30 minutes...it was short and sweet. Noah is in the blue plaid shirt and Eli is wearing a white dress shirt with stripes (next to the boy in blue). Lucas is toothless and sitting on Scott's lap. :)
Tuesday- After I took the boys to school, Lucas and I had a Nerf gun fight. Actually, it was more of an assault on me, the tv, the floor, the door, the fire alarm, the computer, daddy...and whatever else he could find. It was nice to be able to eat breakfast with the boys before they went to school and we really enjoyed our extra time with Lucas.
Thursday- Noah and Eli had a Music program at school tonight. Lucas sat with us and took most of the shots. Eli played the xylophone but he was in the back row and it was impossible to get a good photo of him while he was playing. The 3rd & 4th graders sang and danced for 30 minutes...it was short and sweet. Noah is in the blue plaid shirt and Eli is wearing a white dress shirt with stripes (next to the boy in blue). Lucas is toothless and sitting on Scott's lap. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment