Everyday on our way to the clinic I see people in our neighborhood out walking and running...at 6:30 in the morning! I always secretly hate those people because I wish that I could be one of those people. I have always wanted to be an early morning runner but I always find other things to do at 6 am...like sleep. Well, today was different. Today I ran. At 6:30 in the morning. In -2 DEGREE weather. In my PJ's and my pink fuzzy suede slippers. Now, you may be asking yourself why I would decide to start my running career in my PJ's and slippers and I can understand that. This morning I did not CHOOSE to run...it chose me.
Our car was on E yesterday...We didn't get a chance to get to the gas station in between IV treatments but I KNEW that we could make it till this morning when we could stop on our way to treatment....only I was WRONG!! The car started and we got out on our road and made it one a block before our 10 yr old suv died...so we hopped out to try and push it...me in my PJ's and Scott with his Pic in his arm...which lasted about 30 seconds...
So, I volunteered to RUN back to our house and get our neighbor John to come and help. I ran all the way back home...it felt like a mile...with tears running down my face because it was so cold! I almost tripped because of my pink slippers but made it back all in one piece. I changed my shoes...couldn't be seen in my fuzzy slippers.....and ran next door to get John. I knocked and knocked...no one answered...I saw their daughter but she was too scared to answer the door at 6:30....so I kept knocking...Then I saw a lady walking in front of the house on the sidewalk and I thought, Hmmm, I wonder if she happens to have a gas can with her...Hmmm, and then I turn back around to knock again. As I turn back toward the street I see this lady coming up the sidewalk...Rem. its early so its still dark...and the front porch light is off....so I say, Hi Lee! and she screams....and jumps....and I scare her to death...then we laugh and she takes me inside. John rescues us and we get to the car only to find Scott freezing to death. Thankfully, he WAS wearing a coat this morning but -2 is still -2.
John has just enough gas to get us down the road another block to the gas station. Such excitement so early in the morning can't be good for our health can it?? So, maybe I learned a lesson today....it's no fun running out of gas at 0dark30 in -2 degree weather in your PJ"s and fuzzy slippers....but those of you nearest and dearest will remember the Valentine's Day fiasco of 2007...and know that sometimes our life is crazy and that's why you love us!
Oh and about that whole running thing....I kinda liked it....
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment