Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Girl Weekend

On Saturday daddy took the big kids to their Science club meeting while Lucas and I stayed home to prepare for Autumn's birthday party. She decided she wanted a chocolate chip cookie cake this year so Lucas and I made one from scratch...and it was made with the good, fattening stuff...and of course I doubled the recipe to be sure we had enough...and it turned out to be a huge, fluffy, delicious cookie cake. YUM! We set up a little table in the middle of the loft and had everything just about ready when they got back home.


We sang Happy Birthday, she blew out her make believe candle and then she got a couple more little gifts. A cool pair of sparkly jeans with a butterfly on the front leg, 2 pairs of shorts, a brightly colored stuffed animal, a book on how to learn french and an italian/english dictionary. Since she is currently obsessed with Paris and traveling I gave her Grandma's french book that I got before I went to Paris and then I passed on my Italian/English travel sized dictionary that I carried with me on my trip. She had the book with her all weekend reading thru the lessons and learning French. It turned out to be her favorite gift! I am also working on a big present for her and hope to have it done in the next week....I am painting her room and making it into a Paris theme....so much fun but so much work!


And that afternoon while Scott needed some quiet time, Autumn and I went treasure hunting at some local thrift stores. She found some super cute high heels for .99!, a cool beret-ish hat and 4 cute skirts...all less that $10! We had a lot of fun going thru the clothes and finding our treasures! We also found her an awesome pink mask that will match her paris themed room perfectly! Now, thrift store shopping is not for the faint of heart...it requires time, dedication and an eye for potential...and Autumn loved it and we got to spend some great girly time together! Once we got home, she tried on all of her outfits for daddy (something I used to do too) and gave us a little fashion show. We ended our night watching movies until 1am. It was a great birthday party kind of day!

No comments: