Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowcalypse :: 2011 :: Snowmageddan...

Whatever you want to call it....it's COLD!!!!!!!!! We have been under a blizzard warning since 6am this morning and it just keeps snowing....the worst part so far is the wind and it is pretty chilly here in the loft. The kids had their 4th (or 5th...I have lost track!) snow day today and enjoyed their time with their mom. I admit I was a little jealous that we have missed out on all of their snow days but then I realized that they are spending full days of one on one time with their mom and that is rare for them. After I thought about it, I realized that she never gets a full day with them (unless it's a vacation break or summer) because they are either with us for half the day or she has to nap and then go to work...so basically she has gotten 5 full bonus days and that's great for all of them...and that makes me happy! :)

 This is the building behind the loft. The snow was swirling and you can see all the ice on the ground with the light bouncing off of it....very slick and COLD!

 The view from my art room...WHITE OUT! And there was NOOOO traffic outside on the 12th street bridge...which is good...and as a side note, that's the bridge I just used for the photo shoot last Saturday..

 That looks like some crazy eyed lady who has to take two dogs out several times a day...why can't they just hold it till the blizzard is over?!?

 I think that is the crazy lady's husband....but every time he had his hood up, Aslan would think he was an intruder and bark at him....so maybe it's not her husband at all...She should double check before bed time...

 It sure looks like a blizzard doesn't it?

 This is what our blizzard looks like from space...

This is how the puppies love the snow...I accidentally captured Aslan leaping into the air to pounce on Lady Bug...these two wrestle 24/7...even in the middle of a blizzard while we wait for them to do their business...

 More pouncing and wrestling...makes me think they didn't really notice the blizzard...

 And after a busy day of pouncing and wrestling Aslan gets comfy on the couch to sleep thru the blizzard...he is getting so big!

And before he was sent to bed he asked for a hug...he is such a big baby and needs his nightly lovin' or he cries for the first hour he is in his kennel....we love our big baby!

And this is where Lady Bug spent most of her day today...as close to the fire as she could get! I haven't told you guys yet but she ran off last week during our last snow storm and was outside running around the W.B. for almost 2 hours before I found her! I thought for sure she was going to freeze but we are so thankful we found the dumb dog! :) We kind of like her too....

We had coffee all day, white turkey chili for lunch and some delicious beans (with balsamic vinegar=fantastic) with a homemade corn mush pancake for dinner....oh my goodness it was awesome! And then my husband made the corn mush cakes into dessert with sugar, butter and honey! OH MY! It was a great snow day for us and we did a total of nothing....well, I did nothing...Scott at least did homework...we are having another one tomorrow too and mom's arrival has been moved to Thursday...
How was your snow day?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay warm and enjoy your ALONE time!

Amy said...

Stay warm!

I hope spring comes soon

DDawson said...

We are enjoying our alone time! :) And I hope P. PHil was right because I am so ready for Spring!! THough I heard its going back down to ZERO this next week. :(