Sunday, February 13, 2011

5th Grade Heroes

Every year we look forward to the 5th grade Hero project. The boys pick a hero, research their life, create a costume and give a 30 second speech at an assembly. Eli chose Neil Armstrong and made a great costume with his mom. He even had a jet pack! Even though he is our funny man he was really nervous about speaking in front of everyone and wouldn't you know he had to be first!


He managed to get thru his stage fright and did a great job! I enjoyed myself a little more than planned because I got to hold my friend J's 5 week old. We had a great time...he loved me! :) The funniest part of the afternoon was when Noah, who was sitting on the floor in front and to the left of me, turned around, gave a start and said, "Where did you get that?!" I smiled and said, "SURPRISE!" And afterwards Eli came right up to me and asked the same thing...so I guess a baby is the latest accessory! Anyway, I am glad I was able to go. Good job 5th grade!

No comments: