Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Tooth Fairy Is Real....Just Ask Eli



So my little 10 year old thought he was going to pull a fast one on the ole' tooth fairy...and not that I think a ten year old should still believe in the tooth fairy but I am always up for a good challenge...so when Eli lost a HUGE tooth this weekend and then smirked at me while telling me he was going to put it under his pillow but he knew it was me....I thought that the tooth fairy should at least get a fighting chance to show she is real. So, when we put the kids to bed Eli put the tooth under his pillow...but then after I left he put it in his pocket so he could "prove whether the tooth fairy was real or not"...


And when the tooth fairy tried to retrieve the tooth she was unsuccessful because of course...she did not know to what extent she was being tested...but she left her gift anyway...expecting a good laugh the next morning...but when Mommy went to wake the boys up this morning...Eli stood up, wrapped his blanket around him...and his tooth fell onto the bed...and with seconds to spare she scooped it up, put it in her pocket and secretly smiled to herself...and when she asked Eli if he had been visited by the tooth fairy...she got to smirk as he ran back to his bed...and came back smiling but confused...he said, "did you hear me tell Noah I was going to test the tooth fairy by putting it in my pocket?" and I truthfully answered NO...and we both just smiled...and I just love this job of mommy!!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow, you are GOOD! :)

DDawson said...

Nah, just really, really lucky this time! :)

Anonymous said...

I swear, I think they pretend to still believe because they see how much we enjoy it.
Thank you for loving our babies so unconditionally. I love how they look at you. You can see the love and respect in their eyes.
The teenager will come around eventually. We need to be there for her when she realizes how she has been emotionally manipulated.
Thanks for being a safe place for the kids. I love you!

DDawson said...

I think they are sure until Mommy confuses them by being lucky...but since little man still believes they play along. On the way to school this week Lucas told me how his brothers don't believe in Santa anymore and he just couldn't believe that! :)

Thank you for your sweet words husband. I love our family, I love you and I love what our future holds...