These boys are amazing. They are each their own little person with likes, dislikes, quirks, goals and ambitions. I am always so amazed at what comes out of their mouthes! They are funny, encouraging, relentless, crazy, thoughtful, analytical, cuddly and lovey...they are one of the best parts of my week and I am going to miss them so much when school starts.
I wanted to give them some extra special time before school starts so we scheduled a pampered evening...yes...you read that correctly...my boys LOVE to be pampered! Last year I wrote about our Spa Evenings and while I didn't take photos tonight...it was quite the ordeal. We scheduled this event for Saturday and spent Friday night cuddling and talking about school. They made me go thru each grade to talk about what I remembered and it seems they were mostly concerned with whether or not I had boyfriends in each grade...haha...Noah is a little concerned about 6th grade and all the responsibilities that go with that and Eli is cautiously optimistic about 5th. I just can't believe they are that old yet!
So, tonight was the big night...and we went all out. We lit a new candle that Aunt Vicky gave us so we could set a relaxing mood. The scent was Daffodil but it smelled like vanilla. We had a bucket of water and I started by washing their feet. Now, while I could make it sound like a nice religious event...it was really because their feet get sooo dirty at the loft. They run around on the hard wood floors and some days the bottoms of their feet are black...so I wanted them to start the school year with clean feet. ha! (Although, I did sneak in a little discussion about Jesus and how he washed his disciples feet...) So, each boy got their feet scrubbed, rubbed and disinfected...then we finished it off with a cooling peppermint lotion and cooling spray that smelled yummy. It took me an hour to do all 3 boys! They loved it and each time one of them giggled it made the rest of us laugh. It was a lot of fun to be a "servant" to the boys and to show them some special attention. I just love it that my crazy, smelly boys love pedicures!! More importantly, I love it that summers bring slower days and more time for bonding, loving and playing...




No comments:
Post a Comment