Thursday, August 12, 2010

Therapy, Art & Ghosts

Since our loft seems to be under construction permanently I thought I would show you what Grandma has been working on...thus the "therapy" title...


This is a wall of windows at the front of the loft. Noah helped Grandma a couple weeks ago and this wall is almost done now. Noah painted black on all of the top windows and window frames while Grandma painted all of the black and red down below...we are almost done with this corner so I will be sure to show you their finished product.


Grandma also decided that we needed to paint our front door. The first photo on the left, is looking at our front door. We built a wall at our small freight elevator...so the wall on the left covers the elevator and the wall on the right hand side of the photo leads to our bathroom. This is our entry way...and since we have lots of red and black, mom decided to be creative on the door...it's not quite done yet but it is turning into an old farm door that has aged nicely...with a little bit of spooky thrown in for fun...but I guess that enhances the loft experience.


We also joined in the First Friday weekend activities and had our own booth in the West  Bottoms. We skipped our free friday night movie to stay home and make goodies. We made jewelry and Noah helped me make bejeweled flip flops. I am always amazed when Noah accepts a challenge and finishes strong. He surprised me when he spent hours sewing with me and he surprised me this time by spending hours glueing rhinestones onto baby and kid flip flops. He had a great attitude and did a fantastic job! It was a lot of work but we had a lot of fun.


Because I got a part time job at a local coffeehouse, we set the booth up early on Saturday so I could help get it organized. While I went to work my first shift the family stayed at the booth...





We also set out mom's pottery and jewelry and Scott's cd too. While we only had a few sales it was good research for the West Bottoms Business Association's 12th st. flea market coming up in October. We actually sold more bottled water than anything but it had the best ROI so I was fine with that! 

That night, we were invited to go on the KC Ghost & Gangsters tour which is owned by our new landlord. We packed mom's oxygen and took her along for the ride...little did we know it was going to be a 3 hour tour!!! Or that we would actually capture some ghosts along the way! Check out our photos from the super cool tour...

This is the super cool bus...with some great design work!

Sauer Castle...look it up...

What did I capture at the cemetery?

And my favorite is the ghost of Strawberry Hill!

No comments: