It has been a very emotional 2 weeks for me. My unemployment ran out, my extended benefits application was delayed, I desperately need a job and my mother's house was robbed of about $20,000 worth of material possessions. While we have recovered some of the big items the thief is still at large...and the sweet deputy who was working the case was killed in a car accident last night. Officer Smith was ONLY 22 yrs. old!!! While on his way to a domestic disturbance call, he lost control of his car, hit a tree head on and then the car burst into flames. I just met him last Thursday when he came to collect some evidence from an item we tracked down. He was very polite, courteous and helpful. He even followed us into Ottawa so he could check out a rental house for us. We thought the thief might be hiding out in one of my mom's empty rentals (according to another renter) so Deputy Smith drew his gun and searched the house. He was a big help to us and I am just sick about this tragedy...
We are dealing with Parental Alienation that has rocked our family to its core. We are shocked, grieving and in pain. My husband has had to deal with a lot of issues this week including my meltdowns and his Lyme seems to be fighting back...I also upset some people unintentionally this week and I feel bad about it. During an emotional and in depth discussion I used an example from my husband's past life to explain religious manipulation to the kids. While I did not use names or gender references in my story...I did use a true story that appalls us...and those involved in the story heard about the discussion and felt I was bringing up issues that had been dealt with years ago...and in doing so they basically revealed the "offender" to the kids...which started something I did not intend...
Thankfully, our week ended on a high note yesterday. A very painful wrong was righted after almost 7 years and it feels like we might actually be able to survive now. It was refreshing to have the important people on OUR side...who clearly saw the facts and made an informed decision based on the numbers...not based on a cloud of suspicion...and we look forward to the changes that are coming our way! Thank you Lord for this huge victory!!!
This photo is a great visual of how I have felt this past week while dealing with so many emotions...this is the view from the north side of the loft...



2 comments:
What a tragic, emotional roller coaster week! Your family is in my thoughts.
What a week for you! Praying for peace :)
Post a Comment