The kids must have been too rowdy because this cute little police officer rides up on his motocycle...
...and arrests the big kids and puts them in the back seat of a buddies cruiser...
...And it took all my negotiating skills to get the cute little officer to let them go...don't they look like bad criminals? Nah...I didn't think so either...so I was glad to spring them from possible jail time...and directly sent them to the water slides and PV Pool...where we swam for THREE hours! It was such a great relaxing afternoon and I finally got to work on my tan!
After the pool we went home to make dinner, walk the dogs and get ready for fireworks...since grandma was still at OMC we decided to drive to the hospital to pay her a visit and then watch Olathe's fireworks...but as we got closer to Olathe the sky got darker and darker and by the time we pulled up it was pouring...and to be honest...we were all a little grumpy by this point...until Noah got out of the car with the puppies and stood in the rain...and I couldn't let him do it alone so I joined him (in a dress!) and then the other 2 boys joined us giggling and I slowly coaxed sissy out too...After we ran around in the rain Scott joined us too and the kids played in front of OMC while sissy and I were firework lookouts. They kept teasing us...by shooting off one and then waiting another 10 minutes...and just when we thought it was a lost cause the rain slowed to a sprinkle and we got to see a beautiful, much appreciated firework show...and the night turned out to be a success! I am so glad that my family can turn a bad situation into a happy one!
Hope you had a great 4th of July and took a minute to remember what we are celebrating!








No comments:
Post a Comment