Here is her special cake. It was Almond Sour Cream (bottom tier) and Godiva Chocolate (top tier). Melissa really outdid herself with this beautiful creation! I wanted to celebrate Mom's heart journey thus far as well as her heart, spirit and soul. Each guest wrote on cards and recorded a special memory or something they loved/appreciated about mom. I am working on a heart album for her and plan to add these memories to her book.
We told mom about the party right after we set the cake up. We gave her a couple hours to get ready and to get used to the idea of a house full of people. She was so surprised and excitedly told us that she had never had a birthday party before. I told her that we had invited 30 of her closest friends and she laughed until she realized we were serious and she said...Oh! This is her sitting in her special seat while we got the table set up and waited for our guests.
This is moms heart surgeon Dr. Miller. He is such an amazing man and I want to adopt him. :) He stayed for about 30 minutes and spent the whole time talking to mom and ended with giving her a pep talk. I had to ask my Dr. questions and of course that included...when will we know when she is ready for her next open heart surgery? He said that mom would know when she was ready. He encouraged her to get stronger and to do her exercises to get ready. We had a great time talking with him and I am just so pleased that he took the time to come to her party.
Our great friends Cheryl and her daughter Denise with her adorable son Wyatt. We haven't spent much time with them lately and it was great seeing them again.






No comments:
Post a Comment