Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Arizona

I had a chance to go on a free trip to Arizona last weekend and while the company left much to be desired, the mountains were very therapeutic. I met some very interesting people during my adventure and I had a chance to explore Tucson on my own. I love the southwest and would move there just for the churro's! That is the breakfast of champions!! :) Instead of recount all the JH drama from the trip...I think I will just share with you some of my favorite pics.

The resort was just beautiful...5 pools, perfect weather...

This was part of our resort...I had an amazing view of the Mountains.

The view from my balcony...

This is gorgeous but I have no idea what it is. Do you?

I took a tram ride into Sabino Canyon and hiked 4 miles back down.

The canyon was just what I needed to let out stress and get back to nature.


I was there at sunset so the light was amazing.

Cactus are awesome...


Day 2 of my adventure. I explored the arts district in downtown Tucson, visited the Tucson Museum of Art, saw a great Ansel Adams exhibit, heard live music and climbed Sentinel Mountain.

I have a thing for windows...and doors...

This house was awesome...it is a vacation rental and is located blocks from the arts district.

My last stop before I left AZ was to the Botanical gardens where I got to see a butterfly exhibit. It was hot, humid and awesome. These are some shells from the Chrysalis exhibit. Great texture. I also ate a fantastic lunch in the gardens and it was a great way to end my trip.

No comments: