Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Arizona Scorpions...To Eat Or Not To Eat...


When I went to Tucson I got the kids some Scorpion gifts and painted rocks from Sentinel Mountain. Each time I talked to them they were begging to know what I got them so I gave them cryptic hints. I told them things like...your gift is going to freak you out...its something you can find in Arizona...one of them is kinda sweet and cute and you will think it's cool but after about 10 minutes I don't think you'll be able to handle it...and so on. It was fun giving them hints they couldn't possibly figure out. (insert maniacal laugh here...) When I saw the boys at Noah's musical I had them close their eyes so I could put there gift in their hands...and grandma gave me the silly idea of giving them the rocks...so I did. Of course I had one of their other gifts but it was great to see their faces and I was really impressed because none of them complained that all they got was a rock! :) Eli and Lucas got Scorpion necklaces and Noah got a big Scorpion key chain. When they came home on Friday, we gave them their other gift...the scorpion sucker...and they started them right away. Here are some highlights as both Noah and Eli ATE THEIR SCORPION!!! Lucas made it half way and decided that was enough for him and I still can't believe the other two ATE IT! YUCK!!!









No comments: