Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Autumn!


Happy Birthday to our sweet 15 year old! (Agghhh! We have a 15 yr old!!!)

For Autumn's birthday card we wrote out a few silly things to make her smile. I read it aloud to her while she tried to guess who wrote what. It was pretty funny and a great way to get her in the birthday mood.

What is your favorite memory of Autumn?
Eli: when it was her 14 b day and the dog took some of her cake!
Lucas: When we climbed the moutain  in Mexico.
Noah: when she told me I was her favorite brother( at gmas house)
Dawma: My favorite memory is the first day I met her back in January 2004. I went with daddy to pick her up and after the ride back to Ottawa, she came to my house while Scott ran next door to his apartment. Autumn came inside my home and walked to my kitchen and when I asked her a question about herself, she told me that she wasn’t allowed to talk to strangers. The girl was in my kitchen but didn’t think she could talk to me! She was soo cute and sweet. I introduced her to my 2 large stuffed gorillas and she decided she could talk to me…and she has been talking non stop ever since! xoxo
Daddy: There are too many to list. But today wouldn’t be possible without the day of her birth. That was a great day!

What is a funny story about her that happened here at home?
Eli: when we were smelling each others butt!
Lucas: The day I got to hold her when she was born!
Noah: I have to agree with eli on this one.
Dawma: A funny story, hmm, when is there NOT a funny story about Autumn? Well, there is this famous recording of Autumn when she was 8 years old and spent a girls night with me. She liked the sound of her flip flops so she made up a whole song about them with flapping sound effects for her dad who was in Alaska. She giggled and laughed the whole time. She is always funny and silly!
Daddy: It wasn’t “at home”, but it was the day we went to the arboretum and Noah pretended to push her in the pond. She spun around and very sternly yelled, “Noah Grey Dawson!!”.  I knew then that she would be able to defend herself in any situation. Don’t mess with this girl!

What do you love about Autumn?
Eli: her face and personality
Lucas: Her fuzzy sence of humor.
Noah: her laugh
Dawma: Her sense of style, that she is a beautiful smarty pants, her loving heart and her willingness to do the right thing.
Daddy: Her brain, sense of humor, beautiful smile, sweet voice and her tender heart.

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being horrible and ten being outstanding, what kind of sister is Autumn? Why?
Eli: number b, cause she nice
Lucas: Number 1212121111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
Because she is awesome.
Noah: 7.675 because well…shes a teen
Dawma: Definitely one. One in a million! She is one of a kind awesome!
Daddy: ∞ * 10

What have you learned from Autumn?
Eli: I have learned that I am funnier than I think
Lucas: that she is AWESOME!
Noah: what girls like presents wise
Dawma: I have learned that I have cool hair and that girls talk A LOT about EVERYTHING and that we really like to discuss every detail and how we felt when we experienced that detail and how long we will feel it and when we can look forward to feeling that again….over and over….
Daddy: I have learned that girls can do anything, and that gentle words are important.

What are her best qualities?
Eli: making faces
Lucas: Her sence humor.
Noah: hair color, eye color,anything we both have in common pretty much
Dawma: Her sweet heart, her beautiful smile, intellect and sense of humor. She is the perfect woman!
Daddy: Her intelligence and her stunning beauty.

1 comment:

Sometimes_Carol said...

What a great idea! I have two kiddos w/ birthday in March, I may steal/use your idea!!