Since we have been at Tweety's pool we have resumed swimming lessons. While I haven't officially taught in a few years I always love to see the progress the kids make when they try. We started with Diving this year and quickly moved on to front and back flips! We started with kneeling dives, then standing, then jumping and then on to the diving board. They picked it up so quickly that it was a lot of fun. Lucas is a little fish and now runs and dives off the diving board without any hesitation. Once daddy came swimming with us on Father's Day the boys worked on front and back flips and lucas has done BOTH off the diving board! Noah can almost do a double front flip and his back flip is great too! The only thing we are working on with Noah when it comes to his diving...is keeping his feet together...he turns it into a froggy like dive... Eli prefers to just dive and play and I am completely OK with that...if they aren't comfortable flipping I don't want them to do it either!
On Tuesday we went to the Legends for their FREE kids movie and because Imagine That was sold out we saw the other one...Kit Kittridge. I wasn't sure about this movie because it is an American Girl movie but I really loved it...in fact I cried several times. I REALLY enjoyed the comfy seats and air conditioning too and while I wouldn't have picked the movie I was glad we stayed. After the movie was over each of the boys said the same thing...they wouldn't have picked it but they were glad they saw it cause it was good...so that was a relief! We even took Grandma with us on this little outing hoping to cool her off in the AC and she had a good time too. The boys were great helpers and pushed her wheelchair, pushed her oxygen and took care of her. It was great to see them work together too.
On Wed. we went back to the Legends, 20 minutes earlier than Tuesday, and Imagine That was sold out again...and while we contemplated watching Kit again...we opted to visit the Money Museum. Lucas has been asking me for weeks when I was going to take him so it worked out well.
Here is our future president on the Hundred Thousand dollar bill...
This is a 27 lb GOLD BAR...
And their SHOCK when they saw it was worth almost $534,000!!!
We read about banks, money and how the system works...we got to design our own money, check inflation on products, watch a silly movie about commerce and watch workers sort and shred money. They boys really like Huey, Duey and Luey the robots who transport the money to the GIGANTIC vault! We learned that this bank shreds almost 4 MILLION dollars a day!! On most days there is over 1 BILLION dollars stored here...wow...it was hard to imagine even though I could see the warehouse like vault with stacks and stacks of money...
On our way out the door we each got a FREE bag of shredded money...which the boys LOVED! Eli wants to hang on to his so he can sell it for a lot of money in a few years and they really liked knowing that each bag held $165 of (unfit) currency... Outside in front of the fountains they posed with the Spirit of Commerce and smiled with their money bags....







2 comments:
Thanks Dawnua for adding my sister, your Mom to the picture. It was great to see her with the kids and out doing things. We need more.......
Love, Claudine
Hi Aunt Claudine! I just updated mom's page last night with all that has happened in the last month. I will be sure to take more photos as she ventures out with us. Love you!
Post a Comment