Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

Saturday was my big day and my sweet family did a great job making me feel special! The night before Grandma, Lucas, Eli and I got a jump on the festivities with a free movie at a local outdoor venue. We watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs while we snacked on junk food and drinks. It was a great start  to our weekend and even Grandma had a good time enjoying the cool breeze.


On my big day the boys woke me up with breakfast in bed and big cheesy grins. They had all decided on Friday that since it was my day I could pick ANYTHING...and EVERYTHING that we did that day! I was so excited but a little overwhelmed too...that was a lot of responsibility! They all had ideas to help me pick our activities....like bowling or going to the movies....but they assured me it was ALL UP TO ME! Eli told me that I didn't have to do any errands or chores on my birthday so I chose a little bit of  shopping followed by one of the FUNNIEST lunches of my life! Of course I forgot my camera but just know...IT WAS THE BEST LUNCH EVER! We went to On The Border and while we waited an eternity for our food, we laughed and played the staring and no smiling game. The boys were so funny and while I won't give you all the details...Eli ended up "snotting" on my finger and I was laughing and crying so hard I had to leave the table! It was soo funny and makes me laugh out loud while typing this. Eli assures me that it is a birthday I will never forget because of those special memories...and I agree. Because of the long wait the manager offered us 2 free desserts...one for my birthday and one for our patience...so we all enjoyed extra yumminess...


After lunch we went to the movies and I picked the Karate Kid. It was a great movie and I cried about 10 times! I think it is better than the original movie too and the boys LOVED it! Because we were out so late, Eli and I made a run to a nearby town for a few errands, dinner, birthday cake and groceries. It was nice to spend some more one on one time with Eli....that boy makes me laugh! I got to open my presents and we enjoyed a delicious Italian Wedding Cake with only 5 candles...

A new special mug for my coffee addiction....

A new perfume called "Shi" that smells yummy!

Here is Scott "smelling" Shi on me...The photographer (Eli) had him do it twice for photos....

My yummy cake with our favorite sparkler candles...not enuf room for 33 candles...5 is good...

I had such a great birthday because I have an amazing family! Thank you for showing me how special I am to all of you. I love you!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday! I love it that the kids got you a #1 Mom mug! It sounds like you had a great family day and I am so glad because you deserve it!

Unknown said...

HappY VERY BeLatED BIrtHdaY! so sorry I forgot, but thinking of you always. Love, Auntie Claudine