I know...I know...Mother's day was soooo long ago but with the end of school activities, hospital stays, packing, moving, job hunting, mommying and wife-ing I haven't had a chance to post our pics yet. The boys surprised me with breakfast in bed again this year on both the day before Mother's Day (when they were still home) and on Bonus Mom's day (the following Saturday)...and by my calculations that is 3 times so far this year! Woo hoo! I sort of got two weekends of celebrating because after my breakfast we went to our local Ace Hardware for a Mother's Day treat. The boys painted flower pots for me and then they each bought me my favorite Gerbera Daisy for the pots. They were lovely! We listened to Radio Disney while they painted and had a great afternoon! We even stopped for iced coffee! Eli and Lucas even made me gifts at school but they left them in their mom's car and the gifts have disappeared...so they made sure to explain every little detail of the gifts to me instead...

The next weekend, after my breakfast and coffee, I got to go back to bed and take a nap! What an awesome gift! Then....like any good mommy I did what needed to be done...and we all went to the loft to do some work...but since we were all together we had a great time. The loft was so dusty that the kids were covered in dirt in no time at all! You can tell that a little dirt doesn't slow them down...and by the bags under my eyes...it doesn't look I was getting much sleep either... *I see that I posted some of these "dirty" pics before but since it was on Bonus Mom Day I wanted you to see what we did on MY day. :)
So, while my Bonus Mom's Day was not your typical pampered event...it was still memorable and I love my family very much and am so thankful for the 4 sweet kids that make me a MOM.
No comments:
Post a Comment