Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Moments like these make it all worthwhile...

When your 13 year old walks up to you and wraps her arms around you and cuddles in...
When your 11 year old comes up behind you, lays his head on your shoulder and talks about his day...
When your 10 year old wants to take you out on a date and is always looking for more one on one time...
And when your 7 year old writes you a 2nd birthday card to give you the best news ever...


These are the moments I love most...when we are smack dab in the middle of a messy life and the kids offer up their love and affection because they know they are in a safe place...

3 comments:

Sharon said...

aww that is soo sweet!

Sometimes_Carol said...

heart warming!!

DDawson said...

Thanks ladies. These kids say the sweetest things to me! I have backed off from writing a lot of what they say because their mom, grandma and others read the blog and I have decided it might be best not to share it all. There are things that we do and say to each other that are just meant for each other...and I am so thankful for the sweet bonds I have with each of them. They are amazing bonus kids!