The New Math
I know that some of you are old school and you haven't had a chance to learn the new math yet but I can say that this concept is alive and well near my home. I had a frustrating conversation last week about a very simple concept...that 1+0=1. It makes complete sense to me but I could not get this adult to comprehend this concept. If you only have one item, and you don't add or take away from it...then you still only have ONE ITEM! I kindly pointed out the truth but was refuted with multiple excuses...and then it dawns on me...this is NOT about new math at all...it is about being in control and therefore it doesn't matter what is truth...In this parallel universe you can create your own mathematical equations and still be right...I finally get it...you're still wrong but now I get it...
Kid quotes of the week to share with you...
You are under arrest for IMPERSONIZING him. -Eli
Halt! I'm with the SQUAT team. -Lucas
Print Leaf T-Shirts
Last Saturday we went back to the Anita B Gorman Discovery Center to participate in the Tall Grass Tshirt activity. The center provided Tshirts (for free) and we learned about the native plants/trees while we painted leaves and decorated our shirts. It was a very busy place and once we got started we stayed for almost two hours! The kids had a great time choosing their leaves and designing their own shirts while Scott and I got to join in and make one too. We used several colors of paint and I added glitter to their final projects. It was a lot of (educational) fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment