It's official...we no longer have a baby in the house....Lucas is 7 yrs old today! He has been counting down the days for 4 months and that day finally arrived. Scott and I had the privilege of taking Lucas to breakfast to celebrate before school. He was worried he wasn't going to have any birthday cake ON his actual birthday so even though we had his birthday party last Saturday, I baked some lemon cupcakes so he could have one ON his big day. We had him cover his eyes and that's when I pulled out the cupcake and the lighter from my purse. When I lit the candle he gasped and said, "Mommy! You brought a lighter to light my candle!?!" It was pretty funny, although he was a little worried it was illegal...Don't worry, he only had 2 bites of the cupcake before he ate all of his bacon and eggs and we had a great time together before we took him to school.
Lucas, Daddy and I are so proud of you! You have become quite the Little Man. You constantly amaze us with your inquisitive brain, wanting to know every little detail about everything you see. You are gracious, sweet and have a genuine heart for people and how they are feeling. You are loving and thoughtful and we love it when we see you helping others. I love how you can be lovey one minute and then all macho boy the next...play make believe games with your sister one minute and run around the house with your nerf gun the next. You make us laugh and you bring joy into our lives. You are an amazing son and we are so blessed to have you as our 'baby'. Happy Birthday Lukey Duke!




No comments:
Post a Comment