After our little party we got ready to head to O-town for the annual car show and to help Uncle Billy at the coffeehouse. The car show brings an extra 10,000 people to town and it is always the busiest day of the year. I was excited to see my old customer/friends and to be back behind the counter...oh and to get my Iced Grasshopper Breve that I had been missing! Lucas even brought his very own Potter's Wheel apron so he could help me deliver drinks with the hope that he would make tips...and it worked! My great friend Nicole and her super cute daughter Katy gave Lucas a 2 dollar tip! The kids got to play out front, eat pizza, eat ice cream, watch the cars cruise down main street, meet Uncle Billy's new dog and just play their hearts out. They were 4 sweaty, stinky babies when it was time to leave...but we had a great time.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Birthday Party, Coffee & Old Cars
Last Saturday we celebrated Lucas' 7th birthday with a little celebration at home. Our tradition has always been for the birthday kid to help me make and decorate their cake and then to play in their room while the rest of the family decorates the dining room. This year Lucas helped me make all the icing and the cake but I had him take a nap while I decorated the cake and we got the room ready. He had been asking for a GI Joe party for the last month so that was our theme. He picked a design for the cake and it had 7 different colors of icing!! I have to admit that this was not my best designed cake...but it tasted yummy. We made army camo colors of brown, black and grayish green as well as red (hot pink, oops), white and blue for the star and he picked orange and white for the name. When I was about half way thru I realized that I should have just gone with the eagle logo...but oh well. He thought it was great...it said GI Joe and was a double layer vanilla cake with chocolate fudge icing in the middle...plus it didn't last very long so who really cares what it looked like right? Ok, I cared....so I will have to redeem myself with Noah's cake or I'll never forgive myself...
Eli was my cake helper and was in charge of placing, lighting the candles and delivering the cake while we sang our hearts out. I captured some great shots of Lucas before, during and after he blew out the sparkler candles. He was so excited to open his presents and kept laughing, giggling and making this crazy face/laugh...that of course made us laugh. (Can you tell the kids had a PJ party?) The only thing that would have made this day better is if grandma could have been with us like she usually is. Lucas told me that his birthday wish was for Grandma to get out of the hospital...awww...I agree whole heartedly.
After our little party we got ready to head to O-town for the annual car show and to help Uncle Billy at the coffeehouse. The car show brings an extra 10,000 people to town and it is always the busiest day of the year. I was excited to see my old customer/friends and to be back behind the counter...oh and to get my Iced Grasshopper Breve that I had been missing! Lucas even brought his very own Potter's Wheel apron so he could help me deliver drinks with the hope that he would make tips...and it worked! My great friend Nicole and her super cute daughter Katy gave Lucas a 2 dollar tip! The kids got to play out front, eat pizza, eat ice cream, watch the cars cruise down main street, meet Uncle Billy's new dog and just play their hearts out. They were 4 sweaty, stinky babies when it was time to leave...but we had a great time.
After our little party we got ready to head to O-town for the annual car show and to help Uncle Billy at the coffeehouse. The car show brings an extra 10,000 people to town and it is always the busiest day of the year. I was excited to see my old customer/friends and to be back behind the counter...oh and to get my Iced Grasshopper Breve that I had been missing! Lucas even brought his very own Potter's Wheel apron so he could help me deliver drinks with the hope that he would make tips...and it worked! My great friend Nicole and her super cute daughter Katy gave Lucas a 2 dollar tip! The kids got to play out front, eat pizza, eat ice cream, watch the cars cruise down main street, meet Uncle Billy's new dog and just play their hearts out. They were 4 sweaty, stinky babies when it was time to leave...but we had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment