The fruit of the Spirit's not (fill in the blank with any fruit HERE) a Coconut...The fruit of the Spirit's not a Coconut...If you want to be a Coconut, you might as well hear it...You can't be a fruit of the Spirit...The fruit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness & Self Control...Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness & Self Control....FRUIT SALAD!! (I added fruit salad after we sang it 20 times because it seemed appropriate..and now it's like our CHARGE!)We decided to use our time at the dinner table as an extension of the jar. We ask everyone (including adults) what Fruit they showed that day, to whom and with what action. Then we ask them what was the hardest Fruit for them to show that day and why. Then we ask how they could have shown it. Our last questions deal with what Fruit we are going to work on for tomorrow. We have had some great conversations this week and a lot of them have dealt with self- control. We had 2 kids working on that today and they won some battles and caved for others. I wasn't sure how this was going to work out but I am really happy with the result. Not only has it impacted the kids but it has touched our hearts as well. Scott and I answer the same questions as the kids and it has been a real eye opener. I am working on Joy. The kids told me that I didn't need to do that because I am happy all the time so we tried to explain the difference between happiness and joy. Lately, I let life's problems suck the joy out of my heart. I worry about all the what-if's, compare myself to others & grumble about things I can't control. I really want to find Joy in everyday things so I can teach our kids the same...I think it will ultimately come down to the attitude I choose. So...what Fruit are you working on?
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Fruit Update
It has been 2 weeks since we started our Fruit of the Spirit Jar and we are pretty happy with the result. It is steadily filling up with rocks as the kids learn and practice the 9 attributes. I worked with each of the boys this week and they now all know the verse. I used a silly camp song to get it to "stick."
Labels:
Fruits of the Spirit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment