Speaking of Noah (AKA Twiggy)....he has started working out with me at the YMCA. He went thru the Tween orientation 2 weeks ago and has been certified to work out on ALL the equipment. Last Saturday was our first workout session together. We worked out in the weight room for 15 minutes and then I went to my aerobics/dance class while Noah worked out on the cardio machines. It's all in the same room so I could see him the whole time I was working out. Every time I would look over at him he would give me a HUGE grin. He worked out on the elliptical machine, treadmill, bicycle, rowing machine and stair master....for 40 minutes!!! I was so proud of him! After we cooled down we finished up with 15 more minutes of weights...and we were ready to go home. He can be very independent and it was so nice to see him excel at this the first time he tried it. He felt great afterwards and only wanted to eat healthy food. The weekend before he announced that Saturday's should be...Lettuce saturdays...where we only eat healthy food during the weekend after our workouts...so, Lett-Uce Eat Healthy has begun...and at this rate he will be starting some great habits for life and won't be Twiggy for long...

Here he is after his hard workout...eating a healthy snack and stuffing his cheeks.



No comments:
Post a Comment