Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Boys: Should We Be Worried?

It's hard to decide who is the silliest in our family. It is always a close race and the kids keep out doing each other to be in the lead...last time it was Lucas and his booger comment. This time the trophy goes to Eli. On the way to school last Monday Eli asked me... "Can throw up come out your ears if you close your mouth and hold your nose?" Now with Eli, he doesn't just say something funny....he follows it up with a visual explanation....a charade if you will.....so that is what I got while driving to school...and multi-faceted visual demonstration of what it would look and sound like IF it was possible to puke out your ears....

A few years ago one of the boys (name withheld to protect the innocent) asked me a serious question.....he looked at me with a straight face and asked, "Do girls poop?" I had to stifle my laugh because he was dead serious....and that was the beginning of many girl questions....

Lately, we have had lots of conversations about girls, friends and girlfriends. Girls seem to throw themselves at these beautiful boys and that attention comes in a variety of ways. We have experienced pushing, pulling, bullying, chasing, true friendships, best friend connections, forced courtships and ex-girlfriends. Should I remind you that they are 10, 8 and 6?! Last week Lucas told us that he had a new girlfriend at school and that made **** his ex-girlfriend. Then he stopped and said..."What's an ex-girlfriend anyway?" That of course led to more discussions about girls, girlfriends and ex-girlfriends....Daddy and I want them to wait until they are 30 before they date but I don't know how long we can keep that going....Should we be worried?




No comments: