Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! We HEART you!

Do you ever have one of those moments when your heart is flooded with peace and joy and you feel like everything is right in your world? I had that "moment" several times this past weekend. We had a super long weekend that we packed full of fun and L...O....V....E.... and I think that this past Saturday was my All Time Favorite Valentine's Day EVER!

On Friday I surprised the kids with a little treat and took them to see our LOVEable Emma play JV BB. Our sweet friends A&B surprised us with tickets and we got to see Emma W..I..N..! She did a great job playing and the kids were so excited to see their "sis". After the game we got to spend a little time with her and our other extended "family". The kids did not want to go but we had to get to the clinic to pick up Scott. It was so nice to see some of our camp family in the middle of winter!

My baby Emma is #33 Blue & White. I am her Mommy Dawnua.


Lucas took my camera...can you say CLOSE UP?


Yo, What's Up?


This is their other "sis" Libby. She is Lucas' 4th of July buddy. They use to be the same size!


Eli loves his sissy Libby....poor girl gave about 30 piggy back rides...


Here is the whole extended family. We sure love those girls!!!

We had a very busy day on Saturday that started with a trip to Lowe's Build & Grow clinic. We have been planning this for about 6 weeks and the kids were excited to finally make their Valentine gifts. They each got to make a Jewelry box and we divided them up for all the moms and one for Grandma Mary (Grammy). After we built the boxes and installed the mirror on the lid, we spent another 1.5 hours painting and perfecting each gift. They did such a great job on their presents and from what I have heard so far....3 out of 4 have been a big hit!


Autumn made one for her mommy.



Noah made one for Grandma Mary.


She LOVED her Valentine's Day Gift! It's red inside and out and has the kids' photo on the top.


Eli made his for me. You can call me Mommy, Dawma or Momm-ya :)


Lucas made his for his mommy and then the boys all signed the bottom.

After Lowe's, Noah, Autumn and I went to the Y and did our work out thang while Scott played Chess with Eli & Lucas at home. The kids are pro's on all the machines now and I LOVE working out with them. While we were in the weight room one guy asked me what I had to do to get them to the gym....I told him that he had it all wrong...they BEG me to go to the gym all the time. They love it and I am so glad they are creating good habits now....plus they motivate me.

On Saturday night the kids surprised us with a little Valentine's Day party by decorating and setting the dining room table. They made heart decorations for the back of the chairs, heart decorations for each plate and special Valentine cards for everyone. They made 24 cards!! They wrote the sweetest things and were so proud of their party ideas. We had yummy Heart shaped pizza, pink applesauce and pink lemonade. We ended the party by cuddling on the couch and watching a movie. Other than treatment, it was a perfect Valentine's Day! We had heart shaped reeses peanut butter cups, heart shaped pizza, xo shaped sandwiches and heart shaped oatmeal thruout our day. It was a LOVEly day surrounded by those I LOVE most!


This is the beautiful table that the kids set up for us.
They made candy heart favors and decorated the back of the chairs.
They are AMAZING children!


Aren't the heart pizzas cool? They were yummy too!


This is how you make PINK applesauce...you make it with LOVE...

Happy Valentine's Day from the Dawson Family!

No comments: