Yesterday, Scott and I called to talk to the boys. We try and call twice a week so the boys know we are thinking about them. We have read some great articles on how much contact is appropriate when they are with their mom. We have learned (and confirmed) that it can be hard on them when you call to check on them and tell them you miss them. It is easy to make them feel guilty for having fun with one parent when the other parent isn't there too. It's hard not to see them during the week but we want what is best for them whether we like it or not.
Anyway, back to the story. When we called yesterday, the boys were working on birthday surprises for their mom. Lucas was working on a bday card when we called and he was very excited about their surprises. His Nana was watching them while his mom worked so he very proudly told us what he got her. I told him that the gift sounded perfect and that she would love it. Then I said that she would love ANYTHING that he got her....He thought about it for a minute and said..."Would she love it if I got her a booger too?" Scott and I could NOT stop laughing. Scott said probably not and I (being the goofy one) said that maybe she would like it if it was covered in gold...(he is always talking about Cash4Gold) he thought this over too and then said , "It's still going to be squishy covered in gold so she might not like that"...He just giggled and giggled! It was pretty funny. He is such a goof ball!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment