In the midwest, we are having some AMAZING, unusual weather but you won't hear me complaining. I hate cold, bitter winters but apparently LOVE balmy, 60 degree winters! We spent a lot of time outside in January in our new yard, which we LOVE. It seriously looks like a park. The trees are gigantic and gorgeous and it's the perfect place to play for hours. The boys have played outside several times without a coat this month. That is just nuts! Although they do still take Hot Chocolate breaks. :) I know this weather isn't normal or necessarily good but I could really enjoy winters like this!
Now that we are getting settled into our new home there have been some added perks! For one, every time it rains it doesn't pour into our kitchen or bathroom...so that's a plus. :) We don't have to take the dogs down 7 floors in a slow freight elevator for a potty break and we are close to the boys' school. Scott has also taken over the cooking and shopping which has really helped me out. I am working 55-60 hours a week but I LOVE coming home to a gourmet meal. Look at some of these fantastic dinners that my super talented hubby makes for me! How lucky am I? :)
We are really looking forward to 2012 as things keep getting better and better for our family. I am loving my job even as stressful and chaotic as it tends to be and I love what we are doing for non profits. We are working with Operation Smile, Children's Miracle Network, Children's Mercy and many other groups around KC and I love being a part of that! I decided that my goal this year would be to focus on finding a healthy balance in my life. A balance between a demanding job, a husband, 4 children, a home, my health, my mother and her business and me time. 2 days after I made my resolution I worked 22 hours in 2 days and have done that several times in the past month...but I still have hope that I can find that balance. I am working on my health and have some new personal goals that I hope to meet. I hope you are enjoying the new year too and that your resolutions are persisting!






No comments:
Post a Comment