After the birthday shopping we took mom home. She wanted to go back to her home for a few weeks so she could fire her kiln and get some pottery pieces ready to sell. It was really windy but this is the only photo I got of the two of us...she is doing really well and has almost weaned herself off the oxygen completely. This woman is a fighter!!
And this is the part where 34 started its campaign to kill me...I managed to get a little headache during our mall trip that quickly turned into a Migraine. I guess I didn't get my normal dose of caffeine that morning....and when we got home to cuddle up and watch 2 movies....I couldn't finish them. I had to turn the movie off and ask the boys to leave our room so I could rest. I thought for sure I was going to lose my brunch because the pain and nausea were soo bad....I felt horrible that I couldn't "mother" the boys but I didn't really have a choice. I laid in bed and napped on and off for 5 hours....and then it was gone. I recovered completely in time for Scott to make me a delicious decadent chocolate cake. With the most amazing chocolate glaze icing! YUM! Isn't it pretty?
Because the boys were afraid that 34 candles would freak me out....it went straight from platter to plate...and look at my awesome post migraine smile! I still had a dull fuzzy headache but the nausea was gone....and I was so thankful for that!
On Monday, I got a vacation day for my birthday so I took the boys to Schlitterbahn for most of the day. It was the first time I was able to go for more than 3 hours. It was great! We are loving our season passe and definitely getting our moneys worth! But, part two of Kill Dawma took effect....I somehow pulled a muscle and reinjured a disc while on a tube....so when I woke up for work on Tuesday I couldn't look left....and was in excruciating pain....It was a rough first week of 34....Here's hoping it gets better before it kills me!!



No comments:
Post a Comment